Thursday, June 18, 2009

My week in Hawaii



I was in Hawaii for the past week and a half and it was amazing. I was the total tourist, but I was also the total PR practitioner, and student and CDSC professional. I found myself embracing all three of these titles several times during the week. For example:

- PR practitioner: Why was I examining the rhetoric and placement of certain signs in the hotel resort? And why did I want to meet Hilton's PR team/person and commend them/him/her on the wonderful job being done at the hotel in all aspects?
- Student: Why did I want to conduct communications research (qualitative and quantitative) regarding the tourists and their choices of entertainment for their week in Hawaii? Why did I want to do a rhetorical analysis of Hawaiian bilingual language use throughout the tourist districts?
-CDSC professional: Why did I find myself wanting to find the "slums" of Honolulu and see how the people lived and what their communities were like?

Why why why? Oh wait, I'm a professional student and it's my nature.

Hawaii was fun. I will go back before I die. Or else I will die.

No comments:

Post a Comment